|Tanah LotTaman Ayun ShrineUlundanu & BratanBedugulAlas KedatonGWKDreamland Beach
In the case of transportation, there are various ways that can be used to reach places of interest in the Bali. Among others are:
- Renting a car or motorcycle.
You can find many rental vehicles services at around Legian, Kuta, Seminyak and Ubud area. The rented vehicles usually parked a long the road with a “for rent” label.
Generally the tour packages offer daily tours agenda to reach several tourism places in Bali. The touring packages usually arrange to visit tourism objects which are located at the same direction. Among the tourism objects/attractions they would usually include either Barong Dance or Kecak Dance in the package. The duration and cost of the tour will be based on the distance and the type of tourist attraction. Generally the duration would take about 5 to 14 hours. Touring packages are categorized into two types, sharing tour and private tour, and can be picked according to your needs. You can find many touring packages service at Legian, Kuta Seminyak, Denpasar, and other places in Bali. The tour package services officers are usually actively offers anybody who passes through their counters or offices.
Tips Transportation in Bali
- There are two types of motorcycle rented in Bali; regular size motorcycle and the semi-big motorcycle (such as Honda’s Tiger). Regular motorcycle again divided into a non-automatic and automatic. The rental fare for regular motorcycles is usually about 35 - 50 thousand rupiah per day and semi-big motorcycle about 60 - 80 thousand rupiah per day. Some of the motorbike rental equipped with a stuff to hang surf board beside the bike’s body. When the travel routes to be visited are just around the coast and the city it’s good to ride a regular motorcycle. However, when the routes to be visited are at mountain areas such as Bedugul, Kintamani, Soweto and other mountain areas, riding semi- big motorcycle will be better.
- In addition to the two types of motorcycle, there is also renting service for big motorcycle such as Harley Davidson for those who need it.
- The cost for renting a car in Bali usually is depand on the physical condition and type of car. Generally, the cost of car rental in Bali is around 200 - 300 thousand rupiah per day excluding driver and fuel. If you need a driver the additional charged would be about 100 thousand rupiah per day. Cars can be also rented per hour basis with minimum rental duration about 5 hours. Cars rented usually can load about 4 to 6 people of passangers.
- Please remember to always check the vehicle you rent before using it. Request for exchange if there are damaged parts.
- You can negotiate for discount if you rent for more than two or three days. Price negotiation is something normal and even has to be done in Bali.
- Please take note that the cost estimation above are based on December 2008 updates.